- FORTH at a glance
- Central Administration
- Crete University Press
- Skinakas Observatory
- Science & Technology Park of Crete
- FORTH Ethics Committee
- PRAXI Network
- Liaison Office
- Researchers - Personnel
- The Disk of Phaistos
- Institute of Electronic Structure & Laser
- Institute of Molecular Biology & Biotechnology
- Institute of Computer Science
- Institute of Applied and Computational Mathematics
- Institute for Mediterranean Studies
- Institute of Chemical Engineering Sciences
How to reach FORTH
The Foundation for Research and Technology - Hellas (FORTH) is situated 10 km southwest from Downtown Heraklion. Please find below how to get to FORTH:.
A. BY BUS
There is one bus route to and from FORTH (ITE in Greek) several times per day:
From Heraklion city center to FORTH:
Line 8, the sign on the front of the bus reads ITE
Airport - FORTH FORTH - Airport 07:20 08:00 08:30 09:10 11:30 12:15 14:00 14:40 15:30 16:10 17:20 18:00 Port - FORTH FORTH - Port 19:40 20:10 21:15 21:35 Saturdays & Sundays Airport - FORTH FORTH - Airport 09:50 10:15 15:50 16:15
* The bus arrives at Astoria bus station (Platia Eleftherias) about 10 minutes later. The bus drops you off at FORTH premises.
For further information please visit the website of Iraklio Urban Buses:
B. BY TAXI
a. From Heraklion city center to FORTH:
The most convenient taxi queue is at "Eleftheria's Square" ("Platia Eleftherias" in Greek).
A taxi ride takes about 20-30 minutes and costs approximately € 12
b. From airport to FORTH:
Taxi service is provided just outside the airport.
A taxi ride takes about 15-25 minutes and costs approximately € 18